Fat is one macro that’s prized on a keto diet and has the ability to take your body into ketosis.
What’s not welcomed and allowed is carbs.
Luckily, salmon is naturally packed with healthy fats without a trace of carbs.
It’s a zero-carb food with lots of marine omegas that will satisfy both your taste and keto macros.
It’s perfect for those eating a keto diet-based lifestyle.
Fresh wild salmon doesn’t take much to make it an insanely delicious healthy dinner.
When salmon is wild and fresh, it has a rich, vivid reddish-orange color and the meat is fatty and meaty.
Quality wild salmon is a great source of omega 3 fatty acids, protein, and vitamin D.
The marine healthy fats known as omega 3s are said to improve brain function as well as nerve health.
It’s one fat you want to make sure to take plenty of on a diet like a keto diet.
Thankfully, cooking this keto dinner is effortless. It also only requires 4 things to season the fish.
Since fresh fish isn’t something that lasts well in the fridge, so I recommend buying the fish the same day.
Baked Salmon Recipe With Veggies
- 8 spears asparagus, woody ends removed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pat the salmon dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly grease a baking dish with avocado oil and place the salmon fillets.
- Arrange the trimmed asparagus, and cherry tomatoes on the sides of the salmon. Drizzle the veggies lightly with oil and roll to coat. Sprinkle both veggies and salmon with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the fresh herbs and serve.
Have you made this yet? Let us know how it went in the comments below!