Coming up with what to eat for breakfast can be a major struggle for many new keto dieters.
But it doesn’t have to be. There are plenty of no carb foods that fit perfectly into your keto lifestyle.
Traditionally, breakfasts are full of carb-heavy foods like bread.
Too often, with keto’s strict carb restrictions that limit carbs to 20 grams a day, they are off-limits.
But that’s not to say all hopes are lost.
And you don’t need to let go of all your favorite breakfast items like sausage sandwiches.
It takes a bit of re-thinking of bread and swapping of ingredients. But with a bit of creativity, you can remake your favorite breakfast sandwich the keto way.
This low-carb sausage breakfast sandwich is a perfect example of a good keto breakfast that has healthy fat and protein.
The flavor is off the charts. Using the sausage on the outside for the bun and eggs, avocado on the inside, you will not miss bread at all.
Think of it as an inside out sandwich that you get double sausages.
It’s as awesome as it sounds. Trust me.
It’s simple, easy, and quick.
It’s also filled with some of our favorites ingredients-eggs, cheese, and avocado.
But if you aren’t so into double layer sausage idea, you can go more of the traditional route. Two buns with sausage and egg in the middle.
For the buns, you can make a quick 3-ingredient cloud bread that’s thin, light, and no carb.
You can even do this with lettuce if you are into adding more veggies into your meals.
The options are quite endless.
You’ll never miss the drive-thru at Mcdonalds to kickstart your day.
All you need are three ingredients to recreate the breakfast flavor combo you crave.
In case you are wondering, this keto breakfast sandwich is gluten-free and portable.
Tried this recipe yet? In the comments below, let us know how it went!
Also check out:
Keto Breakfast Sausage Egg Sandwich
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 small avocado
- 2 frozen Keto-friendly breakfast sausage patties
- 1/8 tsp sea salt (optional)
- In a small mixing bowl, crack an egg and mix.
- Spray some cooking on a skillet, cook the egg and make it flat. Flip after cooking one side for 2-3 mins. Cook the other side for a few more minutes. Fold it in four and remove it from the skillet.
- Using the same skillet, add the patties and cook for 4-5 minutes. Flip midways to get colored on both sides. Remove them from the skillet and set them aside.
- On a clean plate, layer all ingredients in the order of sausage, egg, avocado slices, and sausage.
- If you are taking this on the go, wrap it with a sandwich wrapper. If not, serve and enjoy immediately.