The ultimate keto flourless chocolate cake. Yes, you heard me right, chocolate cake on a keto diet plan.
Just because you are committed to a keto lifestyle, it doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy sweets or homemade chocolate desserts.
The good news is thanks to this sugar-free, flourless keto chocolate cake, you can now be both chocoholics and keto.
This luxurious keto chocolate cake recipe is decadent, moist, and rich. It’s a complete chocolate lover’s dream.
It’s also one recipe you can make even when you are out of keto baking staples like almond flour and coconut flour.
That’s because this recipe is flourless and extremely minimalistic, using just 3 simple ingredients.
All you need at the very least is heavy cream, butter, and unsweetened cocoa powder.
Other items like vanilla extract, espresso, chocolate chips, a low-carb sweetener such as stevia, erythritol, monk fruit, and swerve are optional flavor enhancers that’ll most definitely elevate the taste of this keto chocolate cake, but you can go without if you choose to.
It’s a perfect cake for anyone with dietary restrictions and food sensitivities.
Without the optional ingredients, this chocolate cake is gluten-free, paleo, vegetarian, and low-carb.
No-Baking Keto Chocolate Cake Recipe
I love desserts and often crave sweets that satisfy my sweet tooth, but I am not the best baker by any measure.
That’s why I also love this recipe so much since it’s a no-bake cake recipe.
It’s easy enough for any beginners and non-bakers like me to follow each step and enjoy a decadent cake without all the hassles. And I love that.
You also don’t have to feel guilty eating this cake since it’s heavy with fats and light on carbs.
Cake Frosting – 2 Ways
If you are thinking of serving this for a special occasion like a birthday, consider go the extra mile and add a layer of sugar-free chocolate ganache.
It’s an elegant and fancy way to dress this cake and you can easily make it with dark chocolate chips and heavy cream.
Here is an easy recipe that makes a velvety, luxurious
- 1/2 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup full-fat heavy cream
- Place the chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler and stir consistently. Once the chocolate chips are melted and smooth, remove from the double boiler and set aside.
- Pour the heavy cream in a small saucepan and heat it on the stove over low to medium heat. Mix and simmer until bubbles start to show around the edges. Remove from the heat and pour over the melted chocolate.
- Stir gently to combine and let it rest for 5 minutes. Whisk the ganache again till the glaze is smooth and well-combined. You can add a powdered sweetener like monk fruit sweetener or any other alternative to add sweetness.
Once the cake is cooled and at room temperature, you can take a spoon of ganache at a time and glaze the top of the cake.
Whipped Coconut Cream Frosting
Another excellent way to frost this rich cake is to whip up some coconut cream frosting. It’s less like icing, more like whipped cream that’s high in vegan fat. It’s a perfect way to dress any keto cake or even vegan cupcakes.
This recipe too takes 2 simple ingredients. You need 1/2 can of full-fat coconut milk with 1 tbsp low-carb sugar. You can also always add a drop of vanilla extract, espresso, or even a tablespoon of unsweetened cacao powder to add a flavor to the coconut whipped cream.
To make, follow these simple steps.
- Chill your coconut milk can, so the cream and liquid separate. Do this the night before, so your coconut milk is ready when you are ready to make the frosting.
- Open the can and scoop out the coconut cream with a spoon. You need about half the amount. Place it in a large bowl with sugar substitute and whip it using an electric mixer or stand mixer until it starts to get firmer.
- If you are adding espresso powder and/or cacao powder, gently add in a tablespoon or two and fold it in using a spatula. Mix well and keep it in the fridge until the cake is ready.
Keto Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 1.5 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp keto sweetener
- In a mixing bowl, pour the heavy cream and whip it up using a hand mixer. Chill in the refrigerator.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cacao powder, whipped cream, and butter until fully combined.
- Remove the whipped cream from the refrigerator and add to the chocolate mixture. Do this little by little, folding in the whipped cream each time using a rubber scraper.
- Pour the mousse into two bowls and cover. Refrigerate for an hour until it forms before serving.