What has the least carbs at McDonald’s?
Eating keto on a budget or on-the-go? McDonald’s got exactly what you need!
The fast-food giant, McDonald’s maybe most famous for their burgers and golden fries. Not to mention, it’s probably the last place you think of for keto options.
But let me prove you wrong.
The McDonald’s menu is one underrated place to find many keto-friendly meals. And some are even close to zero net carbs.
Yes, it’s totally contradictory to what you have expected from McDonald’s menu. Given that their majority of menu items are carb-heavy, you are not wrong there either.
But if you look closer, there are actually over a handful of keto-friendly meals on their fast-food menu. And we made them all into one list here.
Yes, some take an extra 2 minutes to place your custom order but trust me. It’s worth it, and you’ll be loving it!
From McDonald’s breakfast options to lunch and drinks. We got it all here on one list. Here is the best keto McDonald’s menu cheatsheet!
All keto menu options below have less than 4g carbs, to be considered the least carbs at McDonald’s.
Low-Carb Keto Mcdonalds Breakfast Options
No time for breakfast at home? No problem! McDonald’s got your keto breakfast ready for your busy morning.
Here are some of the low-carb breakfast choices you can go with for those on keto, and you can’t go wrong with any of them:
- Black Coffee without added ingredients (S): 0 calories, 0 grams of fat, 1 gram of carbs and 2 grams of protein (1).
- McDonald’s Big Breakfast without the biscuit or hash browns: 340 calories, 29 grams of fat, 2 grams of carbs and 19 grams of protein (1).
- Sausage McMuffin® with Egg without the English Muffin: 340 calories, 29 grams of fat, 2 grams of carbs and 16 grams of protein (1)
- McDonald’s Bacon, Egg and Cheese Biscuit without the biscuit: 190 calories, 13 grams of fat, 4 grams of carbs and 14 grams of protein (1).
McDonald’s Keto Lunch and Dinner Options
Here are a few lunch and dinner options at McDonald’s with the least amount of carbs. The rule of thumbs is, go with a simpler burger with no bun. Many elaborate, heavy burgers come with 5-8g of net carbs even without the bun and ketchup.
If you are looking for near zero-carb options, go with these keto burgers below.
- Quarter Pounder with Cheese without the bun, onions, and ketchup: 310 calories, 22 grams of fat, 3 grams of carbs and 24 grams of protein (1).
- McDouble without the bun, onions, and ketchup: 230 calories, 16 grams of fat, 2 grams of carbs and 17 grams of protein (1).
- Cheeseburger without the bun, onions, and ketchup: 140 calories, 10 grams of fat, 2 grams of carbs and 10grams of protein (1).
- Hamburger without the bun, onions, and ketchup: 90 calories, 6 grams of fat, 1 gram of carbs and 7grams of protein (1).
- Artisan Grilled Chicken Sandwich: 230 calories, 13 grams of fat, 2 grams of carbs and 26 grams of protein (1). *While this option is low-carb, you may want to up your fat by adding a fatty item to compensate for the high protein.
Many drinks served at a fast-food chain like McDonald’s tend to be sugary. From sodas to Carmel frappuccino, they dominate McDonald’s drink menu.
One small cup of Carmel frappuccino can easily net you 35g of carbs with 32 grams of sugar. Not an ideal choice if you are on a keto diet.
But thankfully, there are some keto-friendly drinks you can order without fear!
Here are some of the lowest-carb fast-food drinks that are keto compliant.
- Water : 0 calories, 0 gram of fat, 0 gram of carbs and 0 gram of protein (1)
- Americano (any size) : 0 calories, 0 gram of fat, 0 gram of carbs and 0 gram of protein (1).
- Black Coffee (any size) : 0 calories, 0 grams of fat, 1 gram of carbs and 2 grams of protein (1).
- Iced Tea (unsweetened, any size) : 0 calories, 0 gram of fat, 0 gram of carbs and 0 gram of protein (1).
To stay sugar-free, don’t add any of their syrup options.
They are not only high-carb but also sugar-laden. Skip those and sweeten your drink with your own keto-friendly sweetener like Stevia.
Here, we’ve listed 12 of the least-carb meals at McDonald’s. They all contain less than 4 grams of carbs. For some, the carb count is near zero.
If you didn’t see your favorite McDonald’s item, don’t be disappointed. Many of their menu items can become totally keto-friendly just by tweaking how you order.
The best and fastest way to make a burger keto is to omit the bun, ketchup, and onions. They’ll knock the majority of carbs you find in any of their infamous burgers.
(1) “McDonald’s Menu: Our Full McDonald’s Food Menu: McDonald’s.” McDonald’s Menu: Our Full McDonald’s Food Menu | McDonald’s, www.mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/full-menu.html.