Asparagus is one of the few low-carb, non-starchy vegetables you can eat on a keto diet.
One cup of asparagus, about 134 grams contains just 5 grams of carbs and 3 grams of fiber (1).
If you are counting net carbs, that’s about 2 grams of net carbs per cup full of spears.
It’s also one vegetable you can use in almost any cooking.
From grilling to roasting and pan-frying, asparagus is one versatile food on keto.
And its minimum low carb content isn’t the only thing asparagus adds to your keto life.
This green veggies is a great source of fiber, Vitamin K, A, C, and B-6 (1).
It also contains minerals such as calcium, zinc, and folate.
If you are looking to add more nutrition to your everyday meals, it’s one food you want to eat more of.
It’s also a perfect vegetable to make this delicious appetizer.
The bacon-wrapped asparagus is delicious, savory, and totally satisfying.
You can make this in one baking sheet and in less than 30 minutes.
Also check out:
Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus Recipe
- 6 slices bacon, cut into thirds
- 5 oz cream cheese
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt and pepper
- 9 stalks asparagus spears, trimmed and blanched
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. On a baking sheet, line a parchment paper or spray coconut oil.
- Over medium heat, cook the bacon slices in a skillet. Don't cook till they are crispy. Remove from the pan and spread cream cheese on the bacon strips. Sprinkle onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Wrap each asparagus using two slices of bacon.
- Place the bacon-wrapped asparagus spears on the baking sheet and bake for 5-10 minutes.
- “Asparagus, Raw Nutrition Facts & Calories.” Nutrition Data Know What You Eat., nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2311/2.